Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thank You Ryan Harrow, Lorenzo Brown and CJ Leslie!

First of all, let me state that I am a Carolina girl. Nonetheless, I want to extend my sincerest thank you to CJ Leslie, Ryan Harrow and Lorenzo Brown for signing with NC State for the upcoming basketball season. Why? Because despite my own basketball loyalties, my husband is a Pack man and NCState Basketball is all that I've been hearing about for what seems likes every second of the past few months. Quite frankly, I'm thrilled that it has not all been for nothing. The dream team that my husband will not shut up about has come together. If I had suffered through his obsession only to have the final piece of the puzzle fall through (CJ Leslie's signing), it would have meant additional grief in the form of a then hopeful, now bitter and pouting spouse.

Thank you to Ryan and Lorenzo for making the decision early and taking that weight off my husband's chest. I'm not sure that he could have handled the additional anxiety. Thank you to CJ for making the decision late and making this victory over "evil" (as Julius Hodge recently referred to this triumph over Kentucky on 99.9 The Fan radio) that much sweeter.

Thank you also to Sidney Lowe and the rest of the Pack for forming the core that enabled this to happen. Tracy Smith, my husband looks forward to watching your senior year. Thank you to all those State fans that keep posting mix videos of your new NCState team members. But, please stop. If I have to listen to or be forced to watch another one and fake enthusiasm for CJ's amazing 360 dunk, there is no telling what I'll do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw this on WRAL... your hubby could go in a downward spiral should this happen. Best of luck to you!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/story/7511876/