Click here to order Tobacco Road gift cards online. We do not charge shipping or any other fees. For a limited time we are also offering to send your gift card to its recipient enclosed in a beautiful holiday card, at no extra cost (see image of card below). We will address the card by hand and include a handwritten message of your choosing on the inside of the card. The cards are guaranteed to be in the mail within two business days (or we can hold them and mail on a date that you choose). What better gift for the sports fanatic in your life?
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
We consider ourselves very lucky to attract a large number of families, including kids of all ages. Our list of kids menu items is printed on our main menu but we'd like to offer a kids menu that kids can write, draw and play games on (tic tac toe, sudoku...). Rather than purchasing a generic kids menu online, we'd like to invite area artists of ALL ages to submit designs for the Tobacco Road kids menu. We'll select a winning design for each month. Each winner can choose one of the following gifts: a $50 Tobacco Road Sports Cafe gift card OR a kids party for up to 10 kids, including kids lunches and video game competitions on both a Wii and XBox.
So, start sketching out your ideas for a Tobacco Road kids menu. We'll accept submissions on an ongoing basis but the first winner will be selected at the end of this month. Here are the guidelines:
- The kids menu should be black text/ink on white paper.
- Paper size can be either 8.5x11 inches (letter), 8.5x14 inches (legal) or 11x17 inches (tabloid).
- The menu can be sketched by hand or created in a design program (Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign...).
- There is no limit on how many menu designs you can submit.
- The only thing that HAS to be included somewhere on the menu is, of course, the kids menu. All items are $4.95 and include a side.
- We suggest including games as well as drawings that can be colored in. Depictions of Tobacco Road sports teams, moments, historic landmarks, etc. might be a good place to start.
- Email your submission as a pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
The NC Veterans Day Parade is next Saturday, November 7 in downtown Raleigh. The parade will start around 9:15 a.m. and will end around 10:50 a.m. The formal observance ceremony will be held on the north side of the capitol building by the World War Monument, starting at 11 a.m. with a flyover by F-15E-Strike Eagle aircraft of the 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
The parade will begin at the intersection of Davies and Fayetteville Streets, proceed north on Fayetteville Street to the state capitol, turn left onto Morgan Street, turn right onto Salisbury Street, right at Edenton Street, and end at the intersection of Edenton and Wilmington Streets.
Join us after the festivities for lunch at Tobacco Road. A portion of lunch sales will be donated to the Wake County Council of Veterans Organizations.